Ray Wade and his team will help you to plan the food for your big day. We know how to make this an enjoyable experience and not a stressful one.
This is vital part of making the perfect day that you and your guest will really enjoy. It’s all about paying attention to the detail. Our team have decades of experience and we know exactly how to deliver.
Raye Wade Catering are proud to be preferred caterers at a number of our regions finest wedding venues. We’ve added a few more for 2024.
High Brookholm Barns
A new luxury venue in North Yorkshire. With over twenty years hospitality experience, Alan and Rachel have been planning and delivering excellent weddings and events for many years.
Thirsk Lodge Barns
For weddings, this majestic, old, red brick barn is used for ceremonies and then transforms into the dance floor for the evening reception. It overlooks fields of grass and wild flowers.
Lodge Farm Thirsk
We love seeing how each wedding is unique to the couple getting married and being a part of their story. We will be on hand from your first enquiry through to the last dance to answer any questions, to help with the organisation and solve any challenges you have.
Only The Freshest Ingredients
The team at Ray Wade Catering takes great pride in using only the freshest local ingredients we can find, ensuring that you and your guests will severed with delicious food on wedding day.
What Our Customers Say
Hi Ray, Hope you ae doing well! We just wanted to email you and thank you and thank you so much for your amazing food you put on for us from the stat to finish of our wedding. Even single person we spoke to said that the food was the highlight of the day as it was...
Hi Ray We just wanted to send you a message to say thank you. The food was absolutely amazing!! So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the food was! You and your staff were fantastic, everything seemed to happen so quickly and effortlessly. Everybody was so...
16th October 2022 Just to say a big thank you for the delicious meal you provided for our birthday bash. It really was so lovely, as was the service, and all our friends were very impressed. Thank you to you and your team!
24th April 2022 Wow!! Ray, what can I say? What an absolutely unbelievably amazing day!!! The food was just out of this world, Andrew and I are so very grateful! Both you and your team absolutely smashed it! We are so glad we asked you to cater for our day - the...
17th July 2022 Andrew & I just want to say a big thank you to you and your team for the amazing food and service. It was absolutely amazing; all our guests have commented on how lovely the food was and also how nice the team was too. Thank you to everyone, it made...
16th July 2022 I just wanted to take the time to thank you again for the wedding. We had the most amazing day and just wish we could relive it all over again. What a beautiful day spent with all our family and friends. I couldn't have asked for anything more. The food...
2nd August 2022 Thank you for the most amazing food! We have some harsh food critics in our family and they absolutely loved it. Particularly from one little 4-year-old who managed to persuade four different people to give up their cheesecake, she said it was the best...
12th August 2022 Thank you to yourself and the team for putting on an amazing day for us. Everyone commented on how beautiful the food was and how the service was excellent. Your communication and professionalism has been fantastic over the last couple of years and we...
To Ray & all his team, A huge thank you to everyone that helped make our day so special. You and all your staff were so professional it made the day run so smoothly. The food was outstanding, not one complaint, infact everyone was raving about it, especially the...
Dear Claire Thank you to you, Ray and the team for the excellent catering at Emma and Jamie’s wedding on Saturday. We have had only good comments on the quality of the food and the excellent way it was served. More than one person said it was the best wedding food...
Most of these desserts can be prepared in mini portions and served as a Trio or on 3 tier cake stands
- Blueberry and Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Fresh Strawberry or Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- Home Made Sticky Toffee Pudding with Cream or Archers Jersey Ice Cream
- Chocolate Roulade filled with Cointreau cream and served with Belgian Chocolate Sauce
- Chantilly cream and Fresh Raspberry Roulade with Raspberry Coulis
- Homemade Lemon Tart
- Old English Raspberry and Bristol Cream Trifle topped with Acorn Organic Cream and Toasted Almond flakes
- Sally’s Recipe Banana and Toffee Tart
- Home Made Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate Sauce
- Vanilla Bean Pannacotta with Poached Blueberries
- Platter of Sliced Fresh Fruit with Honeyed Mascarpone
- Belgian Chocolate and Cognac Mousse served with Orange Scented Cream
- Homemade Profiteroles filled with Cointreau Pastry Cream served with Belgian Chocolate sauce
- Seasonal Fruit Crumble with Custard
- Crème Brûlée
- A selection of English and Continental Cheese with Biscuits, Celery and Grapes
- Hot Roast Pork in Buns, served with Apple Sauce and Stuffing
- Choice of Bacon/ Sausages in Buns
- Spanish Seafood Paella – Meat or Vegetarian cooked in front of guests
- Homemade Pies topped with Mashed Potato – Chicken and Mushroom, Steak and Ale, Minced Beef or Vegetable
- Thai Green Chicken Curry or Chicken Korma served with Basmati Rice
- Beef Stroganoff with Long Grain Rice
- Homemade Steak Burger served with Skinny French Fries and Salad
- Cold Buffet Selection – Roast Ham Buns, Sausage and Black Pudding Jumbo Rolls, Pork Pies and Pickles
Cold Canapé Selection
- Hand made Blinis topped with Dill Crème Fraiche and Scottish Smoked Salmon
- Crispy Duck Tartlet with Plum Sauce, Cucumber and Spring Onion
- Smoked Salmon on Wholemeal Bread topped with a little Caviar and Ground Black Pepper
- Smoked Mackerel, Horseradish and Lemon Pate on Crostini
- Tartlets of Caramelised Onion topped with Creamy Goats Cheese V
- Bruschetta of Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables topped with Parmesan Reggiano V
- Mrs Bells Yorkshire Blue Cheese and Pear Tarts V
- Serrano Ham and Melon Kebabs
- Chilled Soup in a Shot Glass – Bloody Mary, Gazpacho Andalusia, Creamy Vichyssoise, or Fresh Pea and Mint V
- Poached Tiger Prawns served on crisp Rice crackers with Garlic Mayonnaise
- Fresh or smoked Salmon Mousse on Mini Toast
- Parfait of Chicken Liver with Roasted Apple