Ray Wade Catering
Since 1980, Ray Wade Catering has procured a reputation as one of the leading caterers in the North East of England.
We are a talented, enthusiastic and knowledgeable team of professionals with extensive experience in event catering.
We provide culinary expertise and help guide you through the planning process, understanding how your food will fit in with your event.
Ray, the 6th son of a dairy farmer, grew up with a love of home-grown, home-cooked food and, after training in some of the finest kitchens in London, he spent time in Switzerland before returning to Britain and then to the North East to start Ray Wade Catering. Here he continues his commitment to affordable quality and meticulous attention to detail that makes Ray Wade Catering stand out from the crowd.
Covering an area from Northumberland and Cumbria to Teesside, Darlington and North Yorkshire, we offer bespoke menus and personal service for each and every occasion, from informal get-together to themed ball, fancy dress to Christmas party, and always with the accent on fine food, affordable quality and personal service. Produce is sourced from local suppliers wherever possible and freshly cooked by our in-house team, personally supervised by Ray Wade himself.
What We Do
We deliver exceptional Wedding and Event Catering throughout the North East and are one of the preferred caterers at the Yorkshire Wedding Barn, Gilling West.
With many years experience catering for Weddings, Parties, Corporate Events and other special occasions we will create a fabulous menu that reflects the ambiance and tone you wish to create for your guests.
Most of these desserts can be prepared in mini portions and served as a Trio or on 3 tier cake stands
- Blueberry and Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Fresh Strawberry or Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- Home Made Sticky Toffee Pudding with Cream or Archers Jersey Ice Cream
- Chocolate Roulade filled with Cointreau cream and served with Belgian Chocolate Sauce
- Chantilly cream and Fresh Raspberry Roulade with Raspberry Coulis
- Homemade Lemon Tart
- Old English Raspberry and Bristol Cream Trifle topped with Acorn Organic Cream and Toasted Almond flakes
- Sally’s Recipe Banana and Toffee Tart
- Home Made Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate Sauce
- Vanilla Bean Pannacotta with Poached Blueberries
- Platter of Sliced Fresh Fruit with Honeyed Mascarpone
- Belgian Chocolate and Cognac Mousse served with Orange Scented Cream
- Homemade Profiteroles filled with Cointreau Pastry Cream served with Belgian Chocolate sauce
- Seasonal Fruit Crumble with Custard
- Crème Brûlée
- A selection of English and Continental Cheese with Biscuits, Celery and Grapes
- Hot Roast Pork in Buns, served with Apple Sauce and Stuffing
- Choice of Bacon/ Sausages in Buns
- Spanish Seafood Paella – Meat or Vegetarian cooked in front of guests
- Homemade Pies topped with Mashed Potato – Chicken and Mushroom, Steak and Ale, Minced Beef or Vegetable
- Thai Green Chicken Curry or Chicken Korma served with Basmati Rice
- Beef Stroganoff with Long Grain Rice
- Homemade Steak Burger served with Skinny French Fries and Salad
- Cold Buffet Selection – Roast Ham Buns, Sausage and Black Pudding Jumbo Rolls, Pork Pies and Pickles
Cold Canapé Selection
- Hand made Blinis topped with Dill Crème Fraiche and Scottish Smoked Salmon
- Crispy Duck Tartlet with Plum Sauce, Cucumber and Spring Onion
- Smoked Salmon on Wholemeal Bread topped with a little Caviar and Ground Black Pepper
- Smoked Mackerel, Horseradish and Lemon Pate on Crostini
- Tartlets of Caramelised Onion topped with Creamy Goats Cheese V
- Bruschetta of Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables topped with Parmesan Reggiano V
- Mrs Bells Yorkshire Blue Cheese and Pear Tarts V
- Serrano Ham and Melon Kebabs
- Chilled Soup in a Shot Glass – Bloody Mary, Gazpacho Andalusia, Creamy Vichyssoise, or Fresh Pea and Mint V
- Poached Tiger Prawns served on crisp Rice crackers with Garlic Mayonnaise
- Fresh or smoked Salmon Mousse on Mini Toast
- Parfait of Chicken Liver with Roasted Apple
Latest Events News
Let’s Work Together!
To find out how I can bring your event to life, please email or call me.
Hi Ray, Emma and myself would like to say a big thank you for making our wedding day so perfect on Saturday. The food was amazing, you have had so many food reviews from all of our family and friends. Everyone was extremely impressed. I would like to make a special mention to your staff. They were all excellent and went above and beyond what we expected. Please pass on how grateful we are to them. I’m sure we will be using your services again in the future and will recommend you wherever we can. Thanks again.
Peter & Libby Smyth
The food was absolutely beautiful – cannot thank you enough for that. Everyone said it was the best chicken they have ever had at a wedding – so juicy and succulent – hats off to you! Great selection of antipasti too – I was so pleased to find we had stuffed pepperdews. The dessert as well… oh my! It was spectacular! We were blown away with that…. now I know brides don’t tend to eat on the day… I didn’t … but i somehow managed to have 3 desserts ha. Thank you for being so flexible in creating something that we really wanted. That was so appreciated. Sunday curry again – fantastic feedback about that too. It was yummy.
Nikki & James
To Ray & all his team, A huge thank you to everyone that helped make our day so special. You and all your staff were so professional it made the day run so smoothly. The food was outstanding, not one complaint, infact everyone was raving about it, especially the burgers! Never mind all the help and advice given to me as a stressy bride, I really appreciate it all. Thanks again!
weddings last year
Lets Get Started
Call Me ‘Ray Wade’ On 01642 581866 or 07712 660301